Insurance for Harcourts agents is a straightforward choice. Arthur J. Gallagher is the preferred insurance supplier of Harcourts, and we provide insurance solutions to hundreds of its agents across Australia.
All Harcourts agents need to do when contacting us is to confirm which Harcourts office you're from, and you'll be able to access our exclusive range of products and services.
Our core product is our professional indemnity (PI) insurance policy, which we believe is essential cover for all Harcourts agents. Why? Because, like all professionals, real estate agents are exposed to a range of risks in the course of daily work activities.
Whether it’s property management duties or working with clients to buy and sell property there’s an obligation to provide service and advice to a professional standard. Should that service or advice prove to be negligent and cause a client a potential financial loss, you could be exposed to a claim.
Taking out professional indemnity insurance with an insurance broker who is an expert in dealing with the real estate profession can provide you with the support and protection you need in the event of a claim.
This is where Arthur J. Gallagher can help.
PI insurance for Harcourts agents - why you need it
Real estate agents face a range of risks and exposures in the running of your business. These can include:-
- Breach of contract
- Breach of your professional duty of care
- Incorrect or misleading advice
- Poor property management
- Breach of statutory provisions
- Breaching auction rules
These risks are what PI insurance was designed to cover you for. In some states it’s a regulatory requirement for real estate professionals to hold PI insurance. However, even if it’s not mandatory in your region it’s a very sensible precaution to help protect you financially and reputationally. And Arthur J. Gallagher’s PI insurance for Harcourts agents provides excellent cover at exceptional rates. Get an immediate quote on your PI insurance here.
What our professional indemnity policy covers you for
Cover is provided against civil liability incurred by you in respect of a claim arising from the performance of ‘professional services’ as a real estate agent. Professional services include:-
- Real Estate agency sales
- Rent collection
- Real estate property management
- Body Corporate / Strata Management
- Facilities Management
Features and benefits of our PI insurance for Harcourts agents
- Indemnity limits of between $1million and $10 million
- Worldwide cover (excluding USA)
- Competitive premiums, including options to pay by monthly instalments
- A range of policy excesses starting at $2500 up to $20,000
- Automatic policy run off for up to 7 years (must have been a client of AJG for at least 3 consecutive years)
- Unlimited retroactive cover (subject to no known claims or circumstances, and acceptance by the underwriter)
- Employment practices cover of up to $500,000
- Cyber and data protection cover up to the policy limit
- Statutory liability up to $500,000
- Fidelity cover up to $100,000
- Legal representation costs at official inquiries up to $250,000
- Court appearance costs – up to $500 per day, policy limit $50,000
- Cover for libel, defamation or slander
- Emergency defence costs up to $100,000
- Loss of documents up to $500,000
- Period of grace of up to 30 days
- Public relations costs up to $100,000
- Two automatic policy reinstatements
Beyond PI insurance
Arthur J. Gallagher has an insurance solution for every aspect of your Harcourts agency business, so we can simplify your insurance process by managing the whole lot. Look to us for:-
- Office insurance
- Commercial property
- Management liability
- Public liability
- Motor fleet
- Cyber insurance
- Home & Contents
- Private motor
Rental Protect Plus: exclusive landlords insurance for your clients
We even offer a great insurance solution for your clients: Rental Protect Plus.
If your business activities include property management, Rental Protect Plus offers you the option of distributing landlord insurance cover to your property owners.
Rental Protect Plus provides cover against:
- Certain defined natural events
- Accidental and malicious acts by tenants
- Legal liability and loss of rent
It is even designed to cover the legal costs in chasing unpaid rent and the removal of rubbish that tenants leave behind. Rental Protect Plus is available exclusively to Harcourts agents and comes at very competitive rates. Get a quote or purchase online here.
You can download marketing flyers for your clients from the 'downloads' tab above.
Talk to us
- Rental Protect Plus marketing flyer for clients [ Adobe PDF / File Size 0.58 MB ]
- Harcourts agents insurance solutions through Arthur J. Gallagher [ Adobe PDF / File Size 0.42 MB ]