As a global corporation, we pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company. We strive to make a positive impact in our communities and to society as a whole. We also believe that Gallagher offers a supportive and team-oriented culture in which employees can thrive. The key tenets of this culture were captured in a one-page document,The Gallagher Way, penned in 1984 by our former Chairman and CEO, Robert E. Gallagher.
Shared values at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. are the rock foundation of the Company and our Culture. What is a Shared Value? These are concepts that the vast majority of the movers and shakers in the Company passionately adhere to. What are some of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.’s Shared Values?
- We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients.
- We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
- We push for professional excellence.
- We can all improve and learn from one another.
- There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone's job is important.
- We're an open society.
- Empathy for the other person is not a weakness.
- Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital.
- Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader.
- Interpersonal business relationships should be built.
- We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
- No department or person is an island.
- Professional courtesy is expected.
- Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself.
- I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can't make things happen without each other. We are a team.
- Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
- Fear is a turn-off.
- People skills are very important at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- We're a very competitive and aggressive Company.
- We run to problems – not away from them.
- We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior.
- People work harder and are more effective when they're turned on – not turned off
- We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness.
- We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team.
- Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another's needs.
When accepted Shared Values are changed or challenged, the emotional impact and negative feelings can damage the Company.
Find out more
We are here to help at Arthur J. Gallagher Australia. Please fill out the form below with your enquiry and we will get in contact with you as soon as possible.